Total Carter SH: A Range of High-Performance Industrial Gear Oils
In one of our recent news items, we discussed some of the important aspects that differentiate an automotive gear oil vs an industrial product. Dedicated industrial gear oils are specially designed for industrial machinery and are formulated with additives and compounds that are suitable for their various unique applications. Today we are going to look at one of our most prominent synthetic gear oils, the Carter SH range.
Synthetic oils are mainly used when machinery is operating at higher temperatures due to their ability to resist oxidation and thermal degradation. They can also deal with a wider range of ambient temperatures while at the same time maintaining their viscosity.
Total Carter SH
The Total Carter SH range is a synthetic gear oil used when the gears are subjected to very high loads and high temperatures in operating environments that are classified as “difficult”. Gear types that are best suited for the Carter SH range are:
- Enclosed Gears
- Gear Couplings
- Bevel and Spur Gears
- Worm Gears
- Heavily Loaded bearings and gear couplings
The Total Carter SH Range has been specifically designed in accordance with a number of international and manufacturer specifications. These include:
- DIN 51517 – 3 CLP
- ISO 12925-1 CKSMP
- AISI 224
- CINCINNATI MILACRON
- DAVID BROWN
- SIEMENS-FLENDER (VG 150 to VG 680)
- USINOR FT 161
- MÜLLER WEINGARTEN
- AGMA 9005 – E02
- Excellent extreme-pressure performance: protection against high loads and micropitting.
- Very high natural viscosity index (shear stable) and low friction coefficient providing energy saving* up to 4 % compared to mineral oil lubrication.
- Very low pour point: operation at very low temperatures.
- Very good resistance to oxidation: operation at high temperatures, and lifetime increased by a factor of 2 to 4.
- Compatible with seals and metals containing copper.
The Total Carter SH range is available from Finol today. To view this high-performance synthetic gear oil contact our dedicated technical team at www.finol.ie/contact-us, 01-455 5484 or view the range at https://www.finol.ie/product/carter-sh-range/