The Most Recent Innovation in Fuel Efficient Engine Oils
Total Rubia Optima Range: For Cleaner and More Fuel-Efficient Transport
Total Rubia Optima, the newest range of heavy-duty engine oils is available from
Finol Oils today. Designed specifically for heavy-duty engines, Total Rubia Optima complies with the most recent categories defined by the American Petroleum Institute (API).
The API CJ-4 service category that was developed nearly a decade ago has now been replaced by two new categories, API CK-4 and API FA-4, to meet the new standards related to greenhouse gas emission limits. Cleaner and more fuel-efficient diesel engines are now mandatory and therefore require new oils to meet these requirements. With the RUBIA OPTIMA range, Total has worked closely with their customers to offer technologically advanced lubricants.
This new RUBIA OPTIMA range is the direct result of the TOTAL Group’s continued commitment and investment in research and development. Recognised for the advanced performance and technology of its lubricants, The TOTAL Group capitalizes on this innovative approach to ensure its products meet today’s demands. Thanks to its complex formulations, the RUBIA OPTIMA range provides better engine protection and an unparalleled level of performance. It will help limit carbon dioxide emissions while improving the engine’s fuel consumption and improve oxidation resistance, allowing the longest oil drain intervals authorized by the manufacturers.
- RUBIA OPTIMA 1100 15W-40 and RUBIA OPTIMA 1100 FE 10W-30 both meet the CK-4 specification, and the 1100 FE 10-W30 lowers viscosity and offers fuel economy benefits.
- RUBIA OPTIMA 2100 XFE 10W-30, which meets the FA-4 specification, enables extra fuel economy by reducing High-Temperature High Shear (HTHS) viscosity. It has limited backward compatibility because of its lower HTHS viscosity.
The new RUBIA OPTIMA benefits from Totals state-of-the-art “T.I.R. Technology” only found in the Rubia range of engine oils. This includes:
- Total protection: industry tested, RUBIA products are put through numerous tests (Laboratory, bench and road tests) to achieve results that show excellent performance in oxidation stability and protection against wear, deposits and soot.
- International approvals: RUBIA has a greater number of advanced approvals than most products on the market. This means multi-brand fleets require fewer products to meet crucial requirements of the most advanced engines on the market.
- Reduced costs: RUBIA offers better fleet cost savings with a full suite of TOTAL FUEL ECONOMY engine and transmission oils, and includes TOTAL CHECK, a leading condition monitoring service of used oil analysis.
The TOTAL Group has collaborated closely with key heavy-duty original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to develop the new RUBIA OPTIMA oils with performance that surpass CJ-4 oils with outstanding oxidation control, shear stability, and oil aeration control. These benefits illustrate the RUBIA OPTIMA range’s numerous benefits and performances validated by key OEMs:
Outstanding Wear Protection
In the official Cummins ISB engine test, RUBIA OPTIMA 2100 XFE 10W-30 formed a protective film between the moving surfaces of the tappet and cam that reduced wear by up to 56%.
Excellent Piston Cleanliness
The Caterpillar C13 test measures piston deposits at high temperature. In the absence of deposits, the engine performs at its optimum efficiency. RUBIA OPTIMA 1100 FE 10W-30 keeps engines up to 70% cleaner than most oils in the market.
Exceptional Oxidation Control
The Rubia Optima range is available from Finol Oils today. Speak to one of the Finol Oils technical team today at 01-455 5484 or go to www.finol.ie to find out more about this innovative range.