Elf Lubricants: A Look at 50 Years of Performance
Elf Lubricants reached a huge milestone in its history recently, celebrating 50 years as a leading supplier of lubricants worldwide. Beginning its journey in 1967 Elf has steadily grown to be an internationally renowned brand, especially in the areas of motorsports, automotive and fleet. But why has Elf been so successful in these specific areas? We will have a brief look at their history and find out how this brand has been innovative and successful for so long.
To become a premium brand in a globally competitive market, Elf’s core values need are one that highlight innovativeness and a strong brand image. This is based on 3 main principles:
- Expertise: With an R & D team that are always anticipating change and prepared for changes in the global market, Elf maintains an image of a brand at the pinnacle of its strength, innovation. It is this innovation that Elf position themselves as a responsible and technically proven brand.
- Premium: The Elf brand is strongly embedded into public activities worldwide. With a prominent position in motorsport which will grow more and more in the coming years, Elf has a developed a world-renowned brand based around, performance and prestige.
- Passion- A brand of excellence, Elf maintain this position with technical and innovative products, recommended by some of the biggest race teams in the world. A brand loved by experts in their field
A History in Motorsports
Elf’s journey into motorsport began immediately from its inception in 1967, forming a strong relationship with the Matra-Elf team. This successful partnership saw Henri Pescarolo win a French Formula 3 Championship and in 1969, Jackie Stewart won the first of three Formula 1 world titles, driving the Matra MS80. Another huge aim during this period was to win the prestigious Le Mans 24 Hours, which was finally fulfilled in 1972.
1968 saw the beginning of a partnership that has lasted even today, a partnership with Renault that has seen Elf take home 18 Formula 1 titles in both the drivers and constructors championships. This special relationship has grown even further, even beyond racing with a marketing agreement that has seen Renault recommend Elf Lubricants for all Renault vehicles. Other major partnerships formed over the years, with Kawasaki, Alpine and Bough Superior prominent in this. These 50 years have shown that the Elf brand remains an elite part of motorsports and will aim to keep this up going into the future.
Elf has been partnered with some of the leading OEMs including partnerships with Renault, Dacia, Datsun & Kawasaki. These partnerships ensure that their entire product range carries approvals for the leading OEM manufacturers in all industries with Elf Lubricant users guaranteed a high-performance product that is approved for use in their vehicles. To ensure you are using the correct Elf oil you can use the Which Oil? Online app.
The Elf Lubricants Range
With a deep history in providing premium lubricants that are associated with excellence, the Elf brand stands out in its use of technologies developed and tested under extreme conditions, products that have proven their value in racing and specific solutions for collector cars, to offer motorists an unmatched driving experience. Elf delivers a dedicated range for the Automotive, Motorcycle and Heavy Duty Vehicles as well as a number of Transmission products.
- Automotive – Evolution Range
- Motorcycle – Moto Range
- Heavy Duty Vehicles – Performance Range
- Transmission – Tranself and Elfmatic Range
For more details on any of the Elf Lubricants range, you can contact Finol Oils Ltd in Dublin, the official Elf distributor of Ireland.